When it comes to making purchases online or funding a gaming account, the individual must have access to reliable payment methods. The quality of online transactions eventually depends on the reliability of payment options and the support that comes with it. It can even make or break your online experience. This is the main reason why informed consumers always pay attention to their payment options and players clarify first the cashier arrangement. If the website features reputable payment options, then that’s a sign that the website is worthy of one’s time, attention, and money.
- 1 GCash – A Local Mobile Wallet
- 1.1 How to Open an Account Using the GCash App
- 1.2 Verification Process for GCash
- 1.3 Cashing-In Using Your GCash
- 1.3.1 Cashing-In Using 7-11
- 1.3.2 Linking and Using PayPal for GCash Transactions
- 1.3.3 Transferring Funds From One Bank to Another Using GCash (Online Banking)
- 1.3.4 Cashing-In Using Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI)
- 1.3.5 Cashing-In Using Other Banks
- 1.3.6 If you want to cash-in using Asia United Bank:
Best Online Casino sites in the Philippines 2019
|1||Read Review||200% bonus of first deposit up to 1000$||888CASINO||Visit|
|2||Read Review||Bonus up to 100$||Use Link||Visit|
|3||Read Review||Bonus up to 100$||Use Link||Visit|
|4||Read Review||14$ No Deposit Bonus + 200% up to 1000$ Welcome Bonus||Use Link||Visit|
|5||Read Review||100% Welcome Bonus Up to 1 Bitcoin||Use Link||Visit|
|6||Read Review||100% Welcome Bonus up to 300$||Use Link||Visit|
|7||Read Review||50 Free Spins + 100% Welcome Bonus||Use Link||Visit|
|8||Read Review||400% on first Deposit up to 800 EUR||Use Link||Visit|
|9||Read Review||200 Free Spins + 100% Welcome Bonus up to 1000$||Use Link||Visit|
|10||Read Review||100% Bonus up to 100$||Use Link||Visit|
|11||Read Review||200 Free Spins + 100% Welcome Bonus up to €200 / BTC||Use Link||Visit|
|12||Read Review||25 Free Spins + 100% Deposit Bonus up to 5 BTC||Use Link||Visit|
The good news is that the web is filled with different payment options that work. And sometimes, the availability of reliable payment solutions depends on your region and how you want to complete your payments. If you are from the Philippines, then a popular and dependable payment option is GCash. A financial product of Globe Telecom of the Philippines, the GCash serves as a digital wallet for Filipinos who want flexibility and convenience when it comes to managing their payments online.
Think of the GCash as the local version of e-wallets like Skrill and Neteller; through the use of the GCash wallet, individuals can easily pay bills, send money, or even fund their gaming accounts online. In short, this is a highly recommended payment option for individuals who are looking to simplify their payments online.
In this comprehensive guide of this payment wallet from Globe, we check out the GCash basics and frequently asked questions concerning fund transfers, mobile payments, and its use in the gaming environment.
GCash – A Local Mobile Wallet
GCash from Globe is designed like a mobile wallet for users. Instead of bringing a physical wallet to shops and department stores, the individual can simply use the app to pay for products and services. Individuals and even companies can also use the GCash wallet to make purchases and fund transfers online. Once the wallet has been set up, you can send payments and orders to hundreds of merchants online.
As a leading mobile payment solution in the market, GCash is fully licensed and regulated. This is regulated and approved by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas or BSP, the central banking institution in the Philippines. As part of its compliance with regulatory laws, Globe through its GCash facility is allowed to make mobile payment services.
As part of its agreement with BSP, customers of the app can buy load, purchase products and services, and send and receive money. Also, the users of this facility can pay bills and fund their gaming accounts online. To complete all these transactions online, individuals should have a working mobile phone number that runs on Globe, TM, or other networks.
How to Open an Account Using the GCash App
Although the GCash app is owned and operated by Globe, anyone with an active mobile number can open an account and use its facilities. When registering for a mobile account, it’s important that you use your active SIM in your device. This will ensure a successful in-app registration and you can easily get information and notification regarding the products and services offered. These notifications will also inform you about the latest bonuses and promotions that you can get form your account. If this is the first time that you will use GCash, then follow the instructions below. Keep in mind that the instructions described below assume that you have already downloaded and installed the GCash app on your preferred device.
- Open the app and enter your phone number. Click ‘Next’ to complete the next steps.
- Supply the required information on the screen to complete the registration process. Some of the important information that you should include in the application form is your complete name and address.
- The page will then prompt you to nominate a 4-digit MPIN that you can use to access your account. This will serve as your password when using GCash. You will not be able to access your funds or complete your transactions if you don’t have this digit.
- Once you have selected your password, simply click ‘Submit’. For privacy and the security of your money, make sure you keep it safe and don’t share it with other individuals.
- You will then receive an SMS confirmation from Globe. Open the app, provide your number, and complete the required steps.
- The system will also provide you with a 6-digit authentication code. You need to enter this code to your phone to complete the authentication of your device.
- To enter the app, you need to provide your GCash MPIN and click ‘Log-In’.
To fully enjoy the services offered by GCash, a customer must undergo the verification process. Since Globe (and its product) is fully registered and licensed to operate by the BSP, the transactions should undergo the standard verification features. If the GCash account is not fully verified, then the individual cannot fully enjoy the services of GCash. For example, you may not be able to send money, link your PayPal account or use your local bank.
Verification Process for GCash
As a customer, you need to complete the required verification process to fully maximize the potential of the platform. There are three levels of verification: the Basic, Partially Verified and Fully Verified.
Under the Basic registration for GCash, your access to the service is limited. To become Partially Verified, you need to complete a form online. Once the form has been completed and submitted online, then you can enjoy additional services like the ability to send money or withdrawal services. The most important verification is to become Fully Verified.
To become fully verified under the GCash service, you need to complete a video chat with a customer support representative of the company. Once the chat has been completed, then that’s the time that you can fully enjoy the services offered by the company.
Once you are verified, your transaction limits will also change. For example, as a verified customer of the company, your the maximum amount that your wallet can carry will increase from Php 40,000 to Php 100,000. If you are using this online payment method to pay bills, then your full verification will increase the limits. Specifically, your payment limit moves from Php 5,000 to Php 100,000. This means that a complete verification is necessary if you are looking for freedom and flexibility when completing all your payments online.
Cashing-In Using Your GCash
To fully utilize GCash when you want to shop online or complete the payments, your GCash wallet must be loaded with cash. In the fund management, this is called cashing-in. If you are not yet verified by the service, then your limit is Php 40,000 a month. But if your account is already verified, then your cashing-in limits are set at Php 100,000. Customers don’t need to worry when it comes to fees associated with cashing-in. Some of the popular platforms where customers can cash-in are 7-11, PayPal, Union Bank, and other linked debit cards. Keep in mind that when you are using RCBC and BPI, you will be charged with a fee worth Php 1.00 every time you cash in.
You need to follow certain steps and work with payment processors to complete the funding of your GCash app. When you say funding your account, it only means that you are converting your real money funds into GCash. Some of the popular cash-in methods that you can use for your account are BPI, MoneyGram, RCBC, PayPal, and Mastercard. Also, you can use Cebuana Lhuiller, Villarica Pawnshop, RD Pawnshop, and 7-11 shops to complete the funding of your account.
Linking Your GCash With Other Payment Processors and Steps to Follow in Cashing-In
|1||Read Review||400% on first Deposit up to 800 EUR||Use Link||Visit|
Gcash partners with dozens of payment processors, e-wallets, and banks to allow its customers a flexible time in transferring funds. In this section of the guide, we take a look at the steps that you need to consider when you want to cash-in or withdraw your funds using your preferred payment processor.
Cashing-In Using 7-11
If you are from the Philippines, then the best way to complete your transactions with GCash is to visit a branch of 7-11. This store offers customers a quick and safe way of cashing-in the funds. If you are planning to visit 7-11, follow the steps described below:
- Choose the 7-Eleven Bar code in the cash-in service of your GCash account.
- Identify the amount that you want to cash-in and click ‘Next’.
- A bar code specific to the store will be generated. This will expire some time and it’s indicated on the slip. If the code has expired, you need to generate another.
- You need to present this bar code to the cashier of the store. The cashier will then scan the code and will process your cash-in request.
- The store cashier will then print and provide you with the receipt for reference together with the requested money.
Linking and Using PayPal for GCash Transactions
One of the popular payment options or processors that can be linked with GCash is PayPal. This is popular for individuals who need to cover bills online, those who want to shop online, or want to sign up for gaming or casino services. But before you can link and use your PayPal together with G Cash, you need to consider a few things first about your PayPal account:
- To ensure a streamlined procedure from G Cash to PayPal, make sure that your PayPal is registered in the Philippines;
- Your PayPal account is personal;
- The information on your PayPal account matches with that on your G Cash account;
- By linking your PayPal account, it will trigger authorization of the Pre-Approved Payment Plan to GCash.
Before you link to your PayPal, make sure you disable the System Web View on your Android device. You can disable this by checking out the Device Settings, and by visiting the ‘Show System App’ and disable Android System Web View. If you are going to link PayPal to GCash, you need to log in to your PayPal account and allow the Pre-Approved Payment Plan to G Cash. Simply follow the standard steps that are required on the website to complete the linking of the two payment processors. You will know that PayPal is already connected to GCash when the app will be displayed after you tap ‘Close and Continue’.
Transferring Funds From One Bank to Another Using GCash (Online Banking)
Aside from PayPal, you can also work with other local banks in the Philippines when using your G Cash. Other banks that you can consider when transferring and moving funds are Banco De Oro (BDO), Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation (RCBC),
Union Bank, AUB, and Metrobank among others. The transfer and movement of funds are made possible through a service of the company called the GCash Bank Transfer.
Under this service arrangement, a customer or company can now use GCash to transfer funds to over 30 banks in the country free of charge. This facility is made possible through the efforts of InstaPay, a financial initiative by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas. This program of the BSP allows you to electronically transfer funds to and from banks in the country in real-time.
Also, this facility allows an individual to transfer funds to a non-bank issuer e-money issuer in the country, GCash included. We have already discussed the concept of cash-in in or the process of funding your account. In our review, we have covered the popular ways on how you can cash-in your GCash through the use of PayPal, 7-Eleven branches, and even Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI). In this part of the review, we take a look at cashing-in through online banking.
When you access the Online Banking tab, you will be presented with a long list of preferred banks in the country. As of this writing, GCash currently supports RCBC, BPI, Union Bank, Maybank, PS Bank, PBCOm, and AUB. In your GCash app, users also have the option to add Mastercard or a Visa debit card.
Here’s a look at how you can use BPI to transfer funds.
Cashing-In Using Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI)
The Bank of the Philippine Islands is one of the leading banks in the Philippines and it offers hundreds of branches around the country. Thanks to its availability in different parts of the country, BPI is a great option for customers who want to cash-in with G Cash.
To use this service on your GCash app, you need to make sure that your phone features the latest version of the app. As of this writing, the minimum requirements for iOS are v5.9.0:167 and for Android, look for v5.9.0:315 and above. To enjoy this service, you need to link the first G Cash to BPI using the steps described below:
- Log in to your GCash app.
- Look for the Menu and select ‘My Accounts’.
- Choose BPI Account.
- Log in to your BPI Express Online Account. By doing this, you are agreeing with the Terms and Conditions of the service provider. If you don’t have an account with BPI Express, then you need to create an account first.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
If you want to transfer funds or want to cash-in, the process remains the same. To start the procedure, you need to log in to your app and choose Cash-in from the options available. Choose BPI to GCash and enter the desired amount that you want to cash-in. Confirm your transaction by confirming the mobile number and the code. You also need to input your 6-digit authentication code on the mobile phone to complete the transaction. You will always get a confirmation message from the operator if the mobile transaction is successful.
You can also use other banks to fund your online wallet. Simply follow the general steps that are listed here to start using the service. Now that your GCash is fully funded, you can use the money to send it to another bank or pay for products and services online.
Cashing-In Using Other Banks
Aside from BPI, you can also fund your account by using other banks. If you want to try this service and fund your GCash in an instant, then you need to follow the steps described below:
- Using your GCash app, select ‘Cash-In’ on the dashboard and choose ‘Online Banking’.
- You will be presented with a list of banks that allow this service using your app. There are some cases when the bank will require you to access their app or website for you to complete the transfer of funds from the bank to your GCash app and account.
If you want to cash-in using Asia United Bank:
- Log in to the mobile app or official website of AUB.
- Choose ‘InstaPay Fund Transfer’’.
- Choose AUB Account to transfer funds from.
- Choose ‘GCash’ and provide your 11-digit GCash account number and enter the amount.
- Check the transaction before confirming.
Note that this money transaction comes with a Php 10.00 transaction fee.
If you want to cash-in using Maybank:
- Log in to the mobile app or the official website of Maybank.
- Choose ‘Transfer’ and provide your transaction password.
- Select ‘Transfer to Other Accounts’.
- Choose the account to transfer funds from.
- Select ‘New Transfer’ and choose ‘ GCash’.
- Select ‘Savings’ for the Account type and provide the 11-digit GCash account number and supply the amount that you want to transfer.
- Make sure to review the details of the transaction before clicking ‘Submit’.
Cashless Services Offered by GCash
Once the online wallet is fully loaded, then that’s the time that you can enjoy its many services. There are two general services that you can enjoy with G Cash: you can enjoy the Lifestyle Services or try the Financial Services. Described below are the specific services that you can get from GCash starting today.
- Buy load. Through the GCash app, you can buy load without leaving your home or office. You can also enjoy rebates from Globe if you purchase using this payment method.
- Shop online. This is the most popular feature for many. Instead of using physical money, shoppers can now shop online and complete quick payments on leading shopping websites.
- Transfer money. You can use this online payment method to transfer funds to anyone with a mobile number. If you plan to repay a debt or simply want to send money to another person, then the GCash app can be used.
- Pay bills. This is another feature important for customers. With more than 400 registered companies and service providers, anyone can pay bills at any time.
- Fund your gaming accounts. Some gaming websites allow their customers to fund their accounts using GCash. Just make sure that the gaming platform or online casino that you are using is fully registered and allows G Cash as one of its accepted payment options.
- Bank transfer. As mentioned, this payment method can also be used to transfer funds. If you have funds in your GCash app, you can transfer the money to another bank. The process of GCash to banking is fast and convenient and helpful for busy individuals who don’t want to line up in a bank. Speaking of financial services and fund transfers, you can also use your G Cash with other popular payment platforms. For example, you can move GCash to PayMaya, GCash to BDO, or GCash to Smart Padala.
- Invest money. Your G Cash is not just best for paying bills online. You can also use it as an investing tool. With a minimum of Php 50, you can start investing your money.
Cashing-Out With GCash
Customers can also enjoy a seamless and comfortable experience when cashing-out with GCash. If you have the app, you can cash-out and withdraw funds in any ATM using your GCash Mastercard or you can complete the cashing-out transactions in G Cash Partner Outlets. If you are going to complete the withdrawal in a Partner Outlet, you need to complete first the GCash Form. Make sure to include all the information required by the form. Submit this Form and the Cashier will process your request. Once the information and the MPIN have been confirmed, the Cashier will now give the money. When cashing-out, you don’t need to worry about the fees. This is the beauty that comes with the use of this tool when covering your bills or sending money – you enjoy seamless transactions with minimal or no fees at all!
Another option that you can use when cashing out is through ATM. If you are using a GCash Mastercard, you should visit a Bancnet ATM or any ATM that is affiliated with Mastercard. When the machine asks for your PIN, simply provide your MPIN. These are the major ways on how you can cash-out your funds. You can choose the option that is more flexible and convenient for your needs.
Simplifying Your Online Transactions in a Fast and Secure Manner
If you are from the Philippines and you shop online or play games online, then GCash can serve as your alternative payment option. As a payment platform, it works like the average digital money wallet that will allow you to pay for products and services seamlessly. And just like the more popular e-wallets like Skrill, e Neteller, and PayPal, you can use your GCash to send money, receive money, or use your mobile money to pay bills and items. In some cases, it can be used to fund your gaming accounts including online casinos. Some casinos now advertise the use of GCash as one of their preferred payment options.
Aside from convenience and flexibility in using mobile money in money transfers in the payment of bills, this ewallet is also known for its security. Globe, the operator of GCash, ensures that customers who use the platform are protected at all times. And since G Cash is sanctioned by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, then this means that all transactions and procedures are above-board.
As a verified and registered user of GCash, a client has access to the Customer Protect. Under this program, a customer is protected against unauthorized use of the facility. For example, customers are protected against ATM skimming and unauthorized POS transactions.
Also, the official website of Globe and GCash offers a complete Help and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) pages. Customers who have questions about this payment method and the service can always get the answers that they are looking for. And for customers looking for immediate technical help, the official website also offers access to dependable Customer Support. All these make GCash a highly reliable payment option when covering bills, funding gaming accounts, or transferring money in the Philippines.